Would you like to be able to quickly and easily identify plants?
Even be able to recognize species while driving 60 m.p..h. down the highway?
Marjory Wildcraft discusses Tom Elpels classic book Botany In A Day. Botany is the most crucial skill for sustainable living—everything we need ultimately comes from the plant kingdom: Our food, medicine, shelter, clothing, heating, and so much more.
In this video, you’ll learn:
- How related plants have similar characteristics
- Identifying plants in the Mustard Family … and they are all edible!
- How family patterns can teach you a lot about plants
- Get a grasp on the seven plant families
Get Tom’s book, Botany In A Day by clicking here.
When you want to identify a plant, ask yourself these questions:
- Is this a hazardous plant?
- General question: Is this a flower, tree, succulent, shrub, or grass?
- Is it a monocot or dicot?
- How are the leaves arranged?
- Are the leaves simple or compound?
- What is the shape of the leaf?
- What other leaf characteristics do you see?
- What do the flowers look like? (shape, color, florets, petals, sepals, pedicel, stamen, etc)
- What does the stem look like?
- What type of root system does the plant have?
If you would like more information about plant identification, check out this publication.
Access our growing selection of Downloadable eBooks…
… On topics that include growing your own food, herbal medicine, homesteading, raising livestock, and more!