Radioactive iodine (primarily I-131) is a waste product of nuclear fission produced in nuclear reactors and nuclear bombs. In the event of such a nuclear catastrophe, and what makes I-131 so dangerous, is that the body cannot distinguish I-131 from ordinary iodine. As a result, if it’s inhaled or swallowed following a nuclear ‘event’, it will be absorbed into the thyroid gland and will poison its victim. Depending on the absorption, the effects can lead to thyroid damage, cancer, growth and birth defects, or even death. The good news is that there’s an easy way to block it, and something
Click here to view the original post.