We all need them at one time or another because the power will inevitably go out. In the days prior to LED’s you could buy a basic incandescent flashlight using ‘C’ cells for $3-$4 and life was fine.
Today, you can’t find any of those old flashlights and are stuck with buying LED flashlights, but the cost of the new LED technology was painfully expensive and they were packed with multiple unneeded modes like low, medium, high and strobe. Well, all I want is just a basic flashlight that’s just ‘on’ and ‘off’. Full-featured LED lighting is what my headlamp is for.
A couple months ago, WalMart had just what I was looking for, an LED flashlight that’s simply ‘on’ or ‘off’ and best of all cost just $1.00 each including batteries! I have no idea how WalMart can buy, stock and sell these flashlights for just $1.
I bought 10 of them, they’re perfect for around the house, garage, kitchen drawers, nightstands, bathrooms, etc.
- They have a push button tailstock ‘on’ ‘off’ switch
- Use 3 caged ‘AAA’ batteries. The batteries as expected are not worth much and don’t last long. I replaced mine with DuraCell batteries and they’re still going strong.
- Overall it’s a surprisingly well-made flashlight.
- Remember to unscrew the tail cap and remove the insulating disc before use. The insulator is so people can’t turn them on in the store and leave them on.
- Are they a replacement for a Tactical LED Light? Of course not.