When I first started homeschooling, I couldn’t get enough of homeschool blogs. Although I was homeschooled as a kid, I loved reading about the different ways people choose to home educate. Some parents swear by curriculum, some love unschooling, and quite a few opt for a mixture of the two. There are ideas, free printables, lesson plans, and interesting curriculum resources on homeschool blogs, and I loved exploring these ideas when my kids were little.
Now that they’re older, I’ve found that I still love to read home education blogs. I love seeing what other families are doing, how they’re using the Internet to supplement their home education, and how they’re teaching their kids about interesting and complex topics.
Whether you homeschool for educational, religious, or personal reasons, it’s important to read as much as possible about home education so you can find the latest and greatest resources, exchange ideas, and learn new skills that will help you in your homeschooling. The more information you have, the better off your kids are going to be when it’s time to start teaching them about new and different ideas.
Have you been looking for some new reading material? Reading home education blogs offer a great way to connect with other moms, find new ideas, and to discover new information about home education. Here are a few fantastic homeschool blogs that you should be reading!
- Blog, She Wrote not only has a great name, but also has tons of resources for new and experienced homeschoolers alike.
- Homeschool Encouragement offers a variety of resources and lots of information for parents. It’s also a great place to get a little boost if you’re feeling down.
- Free Homeschool Deals is the place to be if you’ve been wondering how you can possibly afford to home educate your kids.
- Fantastic Fun and Learning is an informative site to find ideas and activities for kids. Whether you want something educational or just something fun, you’ll be able to find something great for your little ones.
- Confessions of a Homeschooler is the place to be if you’re looking for giveaways for home educators or for encouragement in your homeschool journey.
- Amongst Lovely Things isn’t just a homeschool blog, but it has a lot of information for organizing your school area. It’s also a fantastic site to visit if you need a little cheering up.
- Simply Living For Him is a really sweet blog with lots of ideas for every part of your home.
- Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus has tons of information for new home educators, as well as tons of great resources for online learning.