This easy to make cheesy garlic pull apart bread is super fast to throw together and let rise and then bake. I use my trusted white bread recipe and make a loaf of bread at the same time. If I have the mixer out I may as well make more than one thing with the dough, right? This is similar to what my family calls monkey bread, but it is made with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and butter. You have to grab a chunk fast because this bread disappears in a hurry. People love this cheesy garlic bread.
By now you know, I love making bread and teaching others how to make it. This cheesy garlic bread recipe is one of my favorites!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 teaspoons SAF instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons dough enhancer (optional-this makes fluffier rolls or bread)
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup oil (I use olive oil)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups white flour
- Ingredients for cheesy garlic bread:
- Bread dough above (use half of the dough recipe above-give or take)
- 1/4 cup butter cut into pieces or sliced
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 8- ounce package grated Parmesan cheese
- I start with a Bosch bread mixer, although you could make this in a bowl. I put the yeast, warm water, salt, oil, and sugar in the bowl. I then add the eggs and lightly mix it in the Bosch so the eggs do not “cook”. Then I add the warm milk and flour slowly. I continue to add flour until the bread dough pulls away from the sides of the Bosch bowl. I knead for about 7-8 minutes. I place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. I let the dough rise until double the size. I punch down the dough and make one loaf of bread and one Bundt pan with cheesy garlic bread. If I have the mess out I always make two of something. Two loaves or one loaf and some cheesy garlic pull apart bread. That’s how I roll in my life. I let it rise once again (using the same plastic wrap) until it doubles in size and then I bake them at 350 degrees for 27-30 minutes.
- Instructions for the Bundt pan: grease the pan and sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese in the bottom of the pan. Now make some 1-1/2 inch balls of dough and place the first layer of the balls of dough on the Parmesan cheese (see picture below). Now, put some butter pieces on top of the balls of dough and sprinkle a little garlic powder on top. Sprinkle a little more Parmesan cheese and layer the last row of dough balls on top. Top with any remaining butter and cheese. Let rise covered with greased plastic until double. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Do you love the feel of bread dough as much as I do? Let the baking begin! I hope you enjoy making this cheesy garlic pull apart bread as much as I do! Enjoy!
PRINTABLE recipe: Recipe by Food Storage Moms
My favorite Bundt pan: Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Original 10- to 15-Cup Bundt Pan
My favorite: NutriMill Dough Enhancer 16oz Bag